Sorry, but I am sending this again because I was not subscribed yet when I
sent it the first time.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jeff Forehand <skinny...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 5:15 PM
Subject: Too Many GLIBC Test Failures?
To: <lfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>

I am in Chapter 8.8 of the LFS-Systemd 10.0 build book. The glibc 2.32
"make check" test is resulting in 23 FAILs (see attached - I have trimmed
out the non-failures). My host system is Ubuntu 20.04LTS running on a
mid-2000s i7 processor. I have done some searching through the archives,
but nothing very recent pops up which may indicate that my setup is
uniquely broken.

Are there any failures in the list that are showstoppers? The first one,
"c++-types-check," seems like one that should pass in my limited knowledge
on this subject.

All of the builds up to this point seem to have gone well. Anyone have an
idea where I may have messed this up?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jeff
FAIL: c++-types-check
FAIL: csu/test-multiarch
FAIL: debug/tst-chk3
FAIL: debug/tst-chk6
FAIL: debug/tst-lfschk3
FAIL: debug/tst-lfschk6
FAIL: elf/tst-audit14
FAIL: elf/tst-audit15
FAIL: elf/tst-audit16
FAIL: inet/tst-if_index-long
FAIL: io/tst-lchmod
FAIL: io/tst-open-tmpfile
FAIL: login/tst-updwtmpx
FAIL: misc/tst-fd_to_filename
FAIL: misc/tst-memfd_create
FAIL: misc/tst-ttyname
FAIL: nptl/tst-attr3
FAIL: nptl/tst-execstack
FAIL: nptl/tst-setgetname
FAIL: posix/tst-wait4
FAIL: posix/tst-waitid
FAIL: support/tst-support-process_state
FAIL: support/tst-support_descriptors
Summary of test results:
     23 FAIL
   4207 PASS
     34 UNSUPPORTED
     17 XFAIL
      2 XPASS
make[1]: *** [Makefile:633: tests] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/glibc-2.32'
make: *** [Makefile:9: check] Error 2