On 12/17/20 11:32 AM, iw3...@arcor.de wrote:

On December 17, 2020 at 6:03 PM Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12/17/20 10:24 AM, iw3...@arcor.de wrote:
Hi all,

recently I read some docs about adding and configuring VLANs under linux.
It seems actually pretty simple, with something like:

# ip link add link eth0 name eth0.100 type vlan id 100

you get a eth0.100 virtual network device and then you can further configure it
just like any other physical one.

Now I'm wandering if there is a standard way to add such virtual devs in a
lfs/blfs
system; I could not find any reference to vlan in the boot scripts.

You would need to create a custom boot script for that.

    -- Bruce

Hi,

thank you for confirming that.

Maybe it could also be possible to add a VLAN=yes flag to
/etc/sysconfig/ifconfig...
and use it in the network init scripts (/sbin/ifup).

There is nothing stopping you from adding anything to the ifconfig files. They are just bash variable assignments.

  -- Bruce