On 1/31/21 12:44 PM, Scott Andrews wrote:
I have been going through the boot scripts and cleaning them up and I came across this jewel...

BTW it would be helpful to use some kind of standard in all the boot scripts, blfs included

mountfs ${failed} is undefined/not defined

case "${1}" in
    start)    log_info_msg "Remounting root file system in read-write mode..."
         mount --options remount,rw / >/dev/null
         evaluate_retval
         # Remove fsck-related file system watermarks.
         rm -f /fastboot /forcefsck
         # Make sure /dev/pts exists
         mkdir -p /dev/pts
         # This will mount all filesystems that do not have _netdev in
         # their option list.  _netdev denotes a network filesystem.
         log_info_msg "Mounting remaining file systems..."
         mount --all --test-opts no_netdev >/dev/null
         evaluate_retval
         exit ${failed}

This statement is not needed as failed is not set anywhere.

You are right, what should be there is:

mount --all --test-opts no_netdev >/dev/null || failed=1

If 'failed' is unset, then it is ignored so in the case where everything is OK, it really does not matter, but we could initialize it to zero.

  -- Bruce