On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 10:22:45PM +0100, Jakub Drozd wrote:
> Hi, I thank you for help and I tried to do the things, but still the symlink
> does not work. I want to rebuild ncurses in section 6.3. How to do this
> without redoing chapter 5? Because I still can restart from chapter 6 but not
> from 5. I will very appreciate for some help.  Best regards,  Jakub Drozd

I'm sorry, I don't know how to do that.  I'm not saying it cannot be
done, but I've never tried it and I still don't know what exactly is
wrong in your build.

When we were moving towards the current style of building LFS last
summer I had at least one build where I decided it was easiest to
fix the instructions in my own scripts where I had got things wrong,
and start afresh.  But of course I've been building LFS for many
years and I have scripts so I can see what was incorrect in them
(sometimes that takes a long time, it is not always obvious).

OTOH, if you were to paste the ls -l output for ncurses as I
suggested, it might be that someone can offer other ideas.
Generally, starting again without understanding what went wrong is
not guaranteed to fix things.

Also, if you still have your command history from when you first
built ncurses in chapter 5, looking at that and comparing it to what
the book says might give you pointers to what was different from the
instructions in the book.

ĸen
--
Any attempt to brew coffee with a teapot should result in the error
code "418 I'm a teapot". The resulting entity body MAY be short and