Here are what the starband guys think it is.

"It is an ongoing problem with StarBand.  Some people suggest that the IPA
proxy causes the problem, while others hold that the NettGain2000
compression is flawed.  I tend to be in the latter group, but both are
possibilities.
You might try downloading the images when bypassing the IPA proxy."
Brad Helm

My question is: would a 5-10KB rollback fix this problem?