i must say, i had a lot of corrupt downloads and uploads the last month,
using lftp-2.4.7, but in my case i think it wasn't a problem of lftp (i
think) because last week i switched my second HD to my secondary IDE
controller, and since then i haven't had any corrupt dl's anymore... (its an
old machine : p133)
maybe u could check some of these things too (in my case, corruption was
VERY random, not linked to any specific servers...)

michael