Hello,

I'm currently trying to cross-compile lftp for a Marvell 6282 (ARM, Little
Endian) with a gnu compiler chain. Target machine is a Synology NAS DS211.
Via ipkg there is a pre-compiled version of lftp available, but this one is
not compiled against the SSL-library which already would be available on the
target machine.

Aim  would be to run lftp with ftpes support on this machine. In general the
configure seems to support cross-compiling because I found several tests
regarding cross-compiling within the configure.

My first problem is, that the given compiler does not support ansi-scoping.
Will I get trouble if I ignore this setting? The second problem is, (if I
ignore this ansi-scoping issue) at the end of a config it wants to run a
test programm which is not possible due to cross compiling. If I also ignore
this block, it finally hangs  during making:

Entering directory `/home/marius/compile/lftp-4.1.1/src'
source='PollVec.cc' object='PollVec.lo' libtool=yes \
        DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/bash ../build-aux/depcomp \
        /bin/bash ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../lib -I../lib -I../trio      -O -c -o PollVec.lo
PollVec.cc
../libtool: line 1157: g++: command not found

Setting an alias on g++ (alias
g++="/usr/local/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++") does
not help.

Can anyone help me how to step forward with compiling lftp for that Marvell
6282? The compiler chain in general works fine - I was able to compile some
hello-world app for the target system which work well.

Thanks,
Marius