Let me explain the scenario clearly.

lftp.txt contents:

set hftp:proxy
http://<proxyuser>:<proxypassword>@<proxy server>:3128
open <server name>
set ftp:anon-pass  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
ls -lR  > lftp.out
quit

I executed lftp -f lftp.txt from two machines.

1.Client machine A(RedHat Linux 8.0) connected to the
server machine via internet (direct connection)
2. Client machine B (RedHat Linux 7.2) connected to
the server machine via internet but THROUGH a proxy
server.

In this case, in client A, the execution is successful
and the result is getting saved in the file I
specified.

In client B, the error- invalid option- comes.

My doubt is: if the problem is due to 'ls' alias, it
should not have worked well in both the cases.

Is this a problem bcoz' I'm going via a proxy? Is the
way in which I specified proxy settings is correct?