Vladimir Pantelic wrote:
Martin Storsjö wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:

I have a webcam that outputs raw MJPEG over HTTP and for which I need
to create timestamps in order to properly avplay or avconv the stream.
Thus I extended vf_setpts to allow to get the current wallclock time and
use that as a timestamp with:

        setpts='(GETTIME - STARTTIME) / (TB * 1000000)"

Would it btw ever make sense to have GETTIME without -STARTTIME in this
context? If not, perhaps the gettime variable should return that
difference? (And would a name like REALTIMECLOCK or similar be better?)

I could imagine somebody wanting the absolute time recorded.

GETTIME was picked after av_gettime(), I'm fine with e.g RTCTIME and RTCSTART

ok with RTCTIME and RTCSTART?