Hi,

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Alexandra Hájková <
alexandra.khirn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This set is compilable together only.

I noticed proresdec (for example) is not converted to the new bitstream
reader. Is there a reason for that?

Also, since this patch basically converts the bitstream reader to 64bits,
do people think it would be useful to do some speed tests on 32bit as well?
I feel that on 32bits, the 64bit emulation might actually slow the thing
down considerably, even if it's faster on 64bits.

(That doesn't mean the patch doesn't have merit, but rather it might mean
that you might want a state size that depends on the bit width of the
architecture. While I agree 32bit x86 is on its way out and possibly
somewhat irrelevant, some - chromebook or x86-android are some examples -
still care about it, and on non-x86, 32bit may actually be a more
predominant target.)

Btw don't get my comments wrong, I'm not criticizing the direction you guys
take, work in this area is good and seems to have merit (as measured on
64bits), so thanks!

Ronald