On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlc...@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 12/10/2016 à 16:50, Vittorio Giovara a écrit :
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlc...@free.fr> wrote:
>> I'm not really sure about this.
>> If it can be handled by libavcodec, support for it should be added, if
>> it cannot it's not hard to record the presentation timestamp and use a
>> queue in the app itself.
> How's that different from setting and grabbing any other supported
> sidedata that is passed through decoder when using avcodec only ?

Because the other supported ones are known to work and are mapped to
something that exists.

Plus I'm pretty sure you would be able to use only one custom data at
a time: since side data is appended last to a buffer and retrieved
first, if you use two AV_PKT_DATA_CUSTOM you would be able to retrieve
only the first one added, and things could get even worse when you map

> Plus AV_NOPTS_VALUE is not uncommon.

Sure, but that can be handled again by the app itself, like it is done now.
libav-devel mailing list