On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, Diego Biurrun wrote:

I decided to clean up an old crufty branch on the plane over the atlantic..

This generalizes the assembler program selection so that it works more
like the compiler selection. After this set, the assembler is properly
probed for and can be selected on the configure command line. We can
also generate dependencies as a sideeffect of assembling instead of as
a separate step.

This renames a few configure options. The end result is cleanest this way.
Possibly I should add some error messages or warnings or some backwards
compatibility fluff.

Not "possibly" but yes, that's a requirement for this going in. We don't break common configure strings randomly. Or perhaps we do, but we shouldn't.

// Martin
libav-devel mailing list