Hi,

We have observed that on Windows, ffmpeg is capable of extracting frames at 30
fps, using command line, using Xuggler, and using FFMPEG APIs directly in our
code.

But when we move this implementation to Android, we are getting following
results:

- 720p video (1280 x 720) - 16 fps (approx. 60 ms/frame)

- 1080p video (1920 x 1080) - 7 fps (approx. 140 ms/frame)

Video is recorded from Android Camera and it’s length is approx. 20-30 seconds.
[Android Processor: “Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7” and “Memory: 1GB”]

1.       How can we get 30 fps on Android?

2.       Are there any performance benchmarks for Android?

Old Post: [Libav-user] How to achieve 30 FPS using APIs?

Regards

Amber Beriwal

Newgen Software Technologies Ltd.

Disclaimer :- This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the original
intended recipient and have erroneously received this message, you are
prohibited from using, copying, altering or disclosing the content of this
message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software
Technologies Ltd (NSTL)  accepts no responsibilities for loss or damage arising
from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damages
from virus and further acknowledges that no binding nature of the message shall
be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of
NSTL.