I'm seeing a problem with ffmpeg processing an AVI containing H264 stream. While I can't share the file due to customer's privacy, I suspect what the issue might be -- but cannot find any documentation or reference code for proper processing.

The issue is that keyframe flag produced in avidec.c is then cleared in lavf's utils.c (parse_packet, specifically). The resulting packet stream doesn't have any keyframes, rendering the output unplayable. The input is playable by both VLC and avidemux.

The offending file has 8-byte long "SxS" chunks after each "00dc", "00wb" or "00db" chunk. If ffmpeg processes these, I haven't found where -- nor can I find any documentation for this type of chunk. I can't say I've ever encountered those before.

Any ideas for possible solutions, workarounds or pointers to relevant documentation are greatly appreciated.