Note: forwarded message attached.

--- Begin Message --- ok u r right. i will get u back with my own observations with some study.
bye :-)
Ashish

Markus Hoenicka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ashish Ranjan was heard to say:

> Hi,
> can we switch to BSD license? That will be more
> appropriate and remove all the concerns even on the
> platforms like windows/ FreeBSD.
> bye :-)
> Ashish

Switching the license is certainly an option, but I'd like to get sound legal
advice before doing so. I mean, the drivers themselves are linked against the
database engine libraries, and I'm not sure how this is going to affect the
whole mess. PostgreSQL uses the BSD license, SQLite does not but afaik the
MySQL client library is GPL. But if that is no obstacle, we could use any
license which does not p ose any problems to GPL'ed programs using libdbi.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka