Bugs item #1593419, was opened at 2006-11-09 14:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mhoenicka
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=512945&aid=1593419&group_id=65979

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have installed libdbi Guru's RPMS for SuSE 10.0 on
SuSE 10.1. I tested some programs but they weren't
working. I uninstalled the RPMS and rebuilt them from
source rpms, for SuSE 10.1 (I though that some
library incompatibility breaks things). Same
behavoir:

A program that loads sqlite3 driver (e.g.), tries to
call other drivers (e.g. postgres's one - in gdb on
the program I've seen calls to PGvalue () or
something like this, before the segmentation fault)
when more than one driver is present in /usr/lib/dbd.
Same if the program uses mysql driver, calls other
drivers, instead.

I compiled from source with the tarballs from the
source rpms and the behavoir was gone. I compiled all
the drivers (sqlite*, pgsql, mysql). When I took a
look to the rpm building spec, there was a option
that I didn't used in manual compile --with-ltdl.
Seems that this option creates this behavoir in SuSE
10.1. I don't know if some other systems has this
"bug".

System has:
candy:~$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)
candy:~$ rpm -q -f /usr/lib/libltdl.so
libtool-1.5.22-11
candy:~$ ld --version
GNU ld version 2.16.91.0.5 20051219 (SUSE Linux)
candy:~$ rpm -q -a | grep glibc-2
glibc-2.4-31.1

The libdbi version was the last from sf.net. Same at
libdbi-drivers.

If you need more information about the system, just
ask.