Hi David,

Quoting David Reiser <dbrei...@gmail.com>:

> I'm trying to build libdbi-drivers-sqlite3 0.8.3, and I'm getting
> errors:
>
> Converting dbd_sqlite3.sgml to HTML...
> mkdir -p dbd_sqlite3 && cd dbd_sqlite3 && openjade -t sgml -d ../../../
> doc/include/doc-html.dsl ../dbd_sqlite3.sgml
> openjade:/sw/share/sgml/dtd/docbook/4.1/dbpool.mod:414:23:Q: length of
> interpreted parameter literal must not exceed LITLEN (1024)
> openjade:/sw/share/sgml/dtd/docbook/4.1/dbpool.mod:630:24:Q: length of
> interpreted parameter literal must not exceed LITLEN (1024)
> openjade:/sw/share/sgml/dtd/docbook/4.1/dbpool.mod:720:38:Q: the
> number of tokens in a group must not exceed GRPCNT (64)
>
> and lots more GRPCNT complaints.
>
> Can you suggest a solution? For the moment I could just skip building
> the docs, but that's less than desirable if I want fink to adopt the
> latest version of the driver(s).
>
> Mac OS X 10.5.6, using fink-supplied dependencies (Openjade 1.3.2,
> sqlite3 3.6.9)

The error messages indicate that openjade does not pick up the correct
SGML declaration, or it doesn't find any at all and uses the builtin
defaults. If DocBook is packaged correctly on Mac OS X, you should
have a file called docbook.dcl on your system. This should also be
referenced in docbook.cat. I assume that fink also provides some
mechanism to build system-wide SGML catalogs. If that is the case, you
may have found a DocBook packaging error.

If that is not the case, or if this can't be fixed reasonably, you can
patch the Makefiles that invoke openjade. You can pass the SGML
declaration as the first non-option argument just before the SGML
filename, like so:

openjade -t sgml -d ../../../doc/include/doc-html.dsl
/path/to/docbook.dcl ../dbd_sqlite3.sgml

If autogen.sh works properly on Mac OS X, you should patch Makefile.am
in the doc subdirectory and then run ./autogen.sh && ./configure [your
options] && make.

Let me know if that is going to work for you. If not, we'd have to
retrofit a --with-sgml-declaration configure switch to manually pass
the declaration if needed.

regards,
Markus

--