Feature Requests item #3089978, was opened at 2010-10-18 13:55
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=512948&aid=3089978&group_id=65979

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I've written some unit tests to make sure that the drivers work when libdbi is
loaded via a plugin of any time that is linked to it.

I hope they will find their way into a release of libdbi-drivers. They will
likely be included as part of the packaging of libdbi-drivers in Ubuntu and
Debian soon.

Comment By: clint-fewbar ()
Date: 2010-11-29 17:04

Message:
Hrm, I am not sure how to attach another file to this issue.

http://spamaps.org/files/libdbi-drivers-add-dlopen-checks.patch

Is the patch.

You must also do

chmod +x tests/test_libdbi.sh

Comment By: clint-fewbar ()
Date: 2010-11-29 16:59

Message:
Ok, I spent some time on this, and essentially the desire is to test to
make sure that when the build is done with libdbi linked to the drivers
(the default build mode), dlopen() with RTLD_GLOBAL works, and to report on
whether or not RTLD_NOW works (but not fail the build if it fails, as this
may vary depending on system linking behavior).

My automake-fu is pretty weak, so I don't know how portable the patch is,
but here is what I've got. One thing that was broken was compiling against
a libdbi that is not in the regular system include/lib dirs. So this also
fixes some of that, though I think that should probably be reported/fixed
in another bug ticket. It still doesn't work right with --disable-libdbi ,
which is, I think, an issue with configure.in, I'll try and report if I
have more time later on.

Comment By: clint-fewbar ()
Date: 2010-11-29 08:53

Message:
Hi Markus, the code I wrote was actually just a little C program that loads
the libdbi linked binary as a plugin. I'll take a look at the new test
suite refactor and try to get you a full patch ASAP.

Comment By: Markus Hoenicka (mhoenicka)
Date: 2010-10-18 14:15

Message:
I'd be happy to include such tests. However, which version are your tests
based on? libdbi has changed quite a bit since the last official release,
and libdbi-drivers has an entirely new test kit. Unless your tests already
reflect these changes, would you be willing to update your tests for the
current cvs revisions? Only then we'd be able to include them in the
upcoming (real soon now, TM) releases.

regards,
Markus