Hi,

there is no such function at this time. For the time being you may
consider stripping off the first and last char of the quoted strings.

I'll be happy to review a patch for the missing functions. They should
match the existing quoting functions, so we'd need
dbi_conn_escape_string(), dbi_conn_escape_string_copy(), and
dbi_conn_escape_binary_copy(). Also, we'll have to rewrite the driver
functions that implement the quoting, e.g. by having
dbd_conn_quote_string() call a new function dbd_conn_escape_string()
and have it add the quotes. Since the addition of these functions is
an incompatible change of the driver API, we'd have to move to version
0.9 for both libdbi and libdbi-drivers. And if we do that, we should
make sure to integrate all pending changes that anyone could ask for
in the next year or so.

regards,
Markus

João Henrique Freitas writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Has libdbi some function to escape a string? Like PQescapeStringConn
 > (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq-exec.html).
 >
 > I use dbi_conn_quote_string_copy, but it escape and quote the string.
 >

 > Thanks.
 >
 > PS: if not exists I will create this function in libdbi and send the patch.
 >
 > --

Markus Hoenicka
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Spam-protected email: replace the quadrupeds with "mhoenicka")
http://www.mhoenicka.de