>  What is the advantage of using bind* instead of get* here?
>
>  As a side note, your code is close to an alternative interface which
>  we've discussed in the past. Instead of using strongly typed return
>  values, the alternative interface would allow to retrieve data as a
>  string or an integer, regardless of the storage type. For obvious
>  reasons, the results would not always be meaningful, but at least
>  you'd be able to retrieve a string representation of each and every
>  value. Your request indicates that such an interface would be a useful
>  addition. Would you be interested to integrate such an interface into
>  libdbi? I'd be happy to help.

Yes, I have interest! This is not so dificult, I think.

Can you explain your idea? I is very interesting.

Maybe two functions:

char *dbi_get_value(dbi_result *result, int row_number, unsigned int
column_number);

int dbi_bind_value(dbi_result *result, int row_number, unsigned int
column_number, char *value);

The different is: dbi_get_value not free memory and dbi_bind_value free memory.

Thanks