Hey James,

Thanks for spreading the word.

The study that Torrentfreak wrote about is a part of the Cybernorms
Research Group and our studies regarding social norm strength related to
legal interventions and sanctions regarding online usage.

This study was the third in a series of identical studies, conducted in
feb 09 (during the TPB trial and pre-IPRED); oct 09 (post-IPRED) and feb
12 (long term post-IPRED and in the middle of a new enforcement campaign
against filesharers in Sweden).

The first is described here:
http://www.psocommons.org/policyandinternet/vol2/iss4/art4/

The second here:
http://nms.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/04/09/1461444812439553.abstract

The third is accepted, but needs to go through some peer review first
before publishing.

The linked articles should be possible to download if you're on an
university network. Or if you have such friends...

Best,
Marcin

--
Marcin de Kaminski: Internet researcher, adviser, analyst

Phone: 0768-045151 (Int: 0046768045151)
WWW: http://www.dekaminski.se
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dekaminski

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above)
next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in
monthly reminders. You may ask for a reminder here: