Libtech,

I was made aware that dumping data onto Twitter and Pastebin is not always
the most useful way of providing public documentation, so I have collected
some recent developments into a blogpost. I wanted to share it here because
there are more than a few lessons for privacy tool providers, including
that if your site or service does not authenticate itself properly to the
user, you are demonstrably now much more exposed to having sessions
hijacked. There are a number of people, including Amin Sabeti, that deserve
all the credit for bringing these changes to light.

Introduction.

*As is the historical trend, an eventful month of political and economic
instability, not the least reflected in the return of Mehdi Hashemi, the
dive of the Toman, Ahmadinejad at the U.N. General Assembly, and the arrest
of Ali Akbar Javanfekr, has led to an increase in the aggressiveness of
Internet censorship by the state. This was most evident in the filtering of
SSL access to Google and Gmail, however, what has received less attention
are two development, the filtering of foreign-hosted media files and the
fulltime implementation of DNS tampering. Since such moments are the time
when the government tips its hand on what it can do, I offer some brief
notes.*

http://b.averysmallbird.com/entries/an-eventful-month-in-iran

Cordially,
Collin