Le 20/11/2012 04:58, Uncle Zzzen a écrit :
>> Maybe a few VPN software as well?
> I don't know any VPN software packages for any platform. I have linux
> (so it comes with openvpn) and not many people have computers where I
> live :). Is there anything standard (and open-source) for Windows and
> mac, or is it provider-dependent? (I know that some VPN providers
> generate a user-specific .exe installer).
>
> Also: are VPNs a practical solution for an untrusted zone?

Well, you're right, a VPN software such as OpenVPN still needs some VPN
provider to connect to. Unlike Tor that can work "out of the box".

However, since your guide seems to be designed for "geek" users, if
there exists an OpenVPN executable that can be downloaded for Windows
and Mac, it might be relevant put its checksum there as well.

KheOps