On 11/30/2012 04:06 PM, Rafal Rohozinski wrote:
> Sorry folks, a bit of Google dyslexia… here is the proper public link for the
> brief report. Nothing
really new here except for the fact that we were tracking withdrawal of
routes as far back as the 22nd. Also, we've gotten pretty good a
geo-locating individual netblocks, and IP range allocation. if the
central shutdown continues, I imagine that in rebel held areas or maybe
an attempt to start creating their own route announcements viaVSAT based
connections or possibly by creating direct wireless links in border
areas so will be on the lookout for new announcements that don't come
from STE.

can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Syrian.DS

> We use Facebook because our principal stakeholders are Syrians, and in
this conflict, Facebook rules as a means of reaching the largest
stakeholder audience…

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4ox3LYQcooBVUlfMkUzZUJmTTQ

<r.rohozin...@psiphon.ca> wrote:

> [...]
operations group, on today's shutdown of the internet in Syria.

airport and the reported seizure of key military facilities by rebels.
In the past, the Syrian regime has shut off communications prior to
offensives, and this may have been the case today. Alternatively, the
shutdown may be related to rebel gains, and the regime’s desire to limit
communication of these events. Due to foreign media restrictions in
Syria, many use social media to communicate with one another and with
the international community about events in the conflict, rendering this
shutdown a critical development in the ongoing crisis.

activity executed by The SecDev Foundation, called the Syria Digital
Security Project. It seeks to improve the online safety and security of
the Syrian people and to enhance the free flow of information in Syria.
To this end, it provides information, analysis, tools and resources
dedicated to enhancing digital safety and openness in Syria. The project
is administered by The SecDev Foundation, a Canadian not-for-profit
organization, with funding from granting bodies in North America.

>>> --

The Google Docs page seems to be down. Do you have a mirror?