I would like to share this truly fascinating article:
http://www.salon.com/2012/12/31/north_korea_cracks_down_on_knowledge_smugglers/

From the article: “We must extend the fight against the enemy’s
ideological and cultural infiltration,” Kim said in an October speech
at the headquarters of his immensely powerful internal security
service. Kim, who became North Korea’s supreme leader after the death
of his father a year ago, called upon his vast security network to
“ruthlessly crush those hostile elements.”

Seeing this idea of "knowledge smugglers" accepted so openly by the
North Korean government really justifies a private train of thought
I've been considering for a year.

I think no matter how hard we try, we keep underestimating just how
powerful culture can be in determining foreign politics — and just how
important the television and radio were, and the Internet is now, in
communicating this culture. This, of course, is likely why so many
political entities are interested in liberation technology.

This is amazing stuff and I hope you'll read the article.

NK