It's something we've explored as an option in the Executive Protection
space - and paired with Google two-factor it's a marked improvement over
anything most of these end-users were doing before. There is at least one
3G radio version too - more almost certainly coming at better price points.

As I've thought about it, some really disagreeable security risks of using
certain types of security related Chrome plugins (e.g. recent Mailvelope,
DOM, OpenPGP.js discussions), might be more tenable risks in a Chromebook
deployment. Obviously that doesn't fix anything "back home" but it's
another part of the risk equation.

How can projects like Privly play into it? Carrying a Tor Router along with
you or building one on-site. None of the operational matters will ever
be squarely addressed by one platform but it all can be decision-treed out
nicely.

The Google ecosystem risk is real and reasonable to consider - but weighed
against other realities? And while I don't expect any vendor to fight our
Government battles for us - Google has been more ally than foe IMO.

It's a worthwhile discussion that could lead to a fork or three down the
road. -Ali