From: liberationtech-boun...@lists.stanford.edu
[liberationtech-boun...@lists.stanford.edu] on behalf of
liberationt...@lewman.us [liberationt...@lewman.us]
Sent: 11 February 2013 15:22
To: liberationtech
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] Happy Creepy February!

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 01:47:18PM -0600, nick.m.d...@gmail.com wrote 1.8K
bytes in 0 lines about:
: Thanks to investigative work by the Guardian, we can tell just how many
: steps back online privacy's taken this year.  It's unfortunate:
:
:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/10/software-tracks-social-media-defence

Not too much investigative work in my opinion. This Guardian article
reads like a press release for Raytheon, announcing their new product.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/pentagon-seeks-social-networking-experts/

and
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=972cbc835c3702e9758aedcf032fb4ec&tab=core&_cview=1

My guess is this video is a demo made for the DARPA BAA. And what did you
expect? People put their lives online and share everything, of course
someone is going to record and collate it all. And these same people
will get the bright idea to predict the future with suspect data.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact