Hi Adrelanos,

At SWN we have been writing a lot of documentation, training, and other
materials in the last 18 months, including a soon-to-be published 40,000
word curriculum in journalism, mobile safety, and multimedia production.

What I find works best are:

1. active voice sentences whenever possible.
2. eliminate any extraneous parts of speech, for example "had" and "that"
are often well over used
3. never use 10 words where 5 words will be sufficient.
3v2. use the least words possible.  :)
4. use images and screenshots when exact settings are necessary
5. what griffin said.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM, adrelanos <adrela...@riseup.net> wrote:

> danimoth:
> > On 11/02/13 at 10:20am, adrelanos wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> since I want to write good documentation for my own project, I thought
> >> it may be worth checking how other projects did.
> >>
> >> Which project/documentation do you personally enjoy? Bonus points for
> >> anonymity/privacy/security related projects.
> >>

> > It depends by the nature of the project.
>
> Anonymity. Whonix. Introduced earlier on this list.
> http://whonix.sf.net/
>
> > Are you targeting developers?
>
> No. Users.
>
> > If yes, look at the best documentation for developers in the world: the
> > one about the Qt toolkit.
> >
> > [1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/
> > --

Brian Conley