On Wed Feb 13 09:55:22 2013, Gregory Foster wrote:
> Here's the President's Executive Order, embargoed last night until
> delivery of the SOTU:
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/02/12/executive-order-improving-critical-infrastructure-cybersecurity
>

> Section 5 addresses "Privacy and Civil Liberties Protections" for the
> information that will be exchanged between critical infrastructure
> providers and the DHS/USG.

One quibble: the EO is mostly about flows from govt. to private sector
and since there is no immunity provided like under other legislative
proposals, it seems reasonable that sharing in the other direction will
be circumspect. Would love to hear other thoughts on this. Glad to see
a section on privacy although we'll have to wait to see if that ends up
meaning much. best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Senior Staff Technologist