On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Katrin Verclas <kat...@mobileactive.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately contradicted by the evidence that shows frequent partial
> (regional or specific lines) or (less frequent) total cell phone shutdowns.
> Happens all the time and clear to those who track this systematically.

Please note that cell network shutdowns is only one aspect of my reply
above. I am mainly concerned with dismissing smartphone (an extremely
useful and capable communication device) as a tool for civil
engagement. I don't view cell phone shutdowns as a serious obstacle to
such engagement. If anything, I would expect a boost in use of
circumvention methods (such as mesh networks) in places where such
shutdowns do become an obstacle.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte