Dear all,

This is not the first time such a claim is made, but I just came accross
what looks like to be a serious scientific publication claiming that
they prove that P=NP.

In simple words, this would mean that problems that are considered as
needing a lot of computational effort to solve may in fact be solvable
with algorithms that need much less computational time than what is
implemented now. If proven true, this would have a particularly high
impact on a huge number of computational problems. I am however not sure
to what extent this would impact cryptography.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.5976

I'd be glad if anyone with enough skills and access to the paper could
give a first opinion on it :)

Cheers,
KheOps