Regardless of whether that's a parody or not, it's a technically incompetent
statement.  If I understand
it correctly, Tor is freely available by design because the wider the
availability the greater the (potential) cover traffic.  I assume this is why
the Naval Research Laboratory didn't fund a system that would only provide
access to people with certain credentials-- that would remove all cover traffic
and threaten to undermine the entire purpose for the system.

That statement also wrongly assumes government intrusion is the only attack
vector.  I'm currently migrating from Yahoo Mail not because of the reported
actions of a spy agency, but because the _next_ time someone hacks Yahoo Mail's
crummy security I don't want to waste any of my time worrying about what data I
had stored there and what could be used from it to run a confidence scam on me.

To me, the real tragedy is that there isn't some super-simple tool for running
the equivalent of Google Docs using a Tor hidden service.  It has nothing to do
with "anonymous mayhem", and everything to do with breaking through NAT's so
that I can host my own "cloud" and have control and access over it from
anywhere in the world that I can connect my laptop to the internet.  No
unwanted changes to the interface, no dropping of unpopular services, just an
economy of one that responds to my needs and my needs only.  I know there are
plenty of people who want similar control over the tools they use, and they'd
happily take the performance hit of Tor for that.  (And for text documents it
shouldn't be such a big deal anyway.)

-Jonathan