________________________________

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that somebody would have
a device running orbot with a (non-exit) relay that sits at home, plugged
in, running over wifi.  Or, some small plug computer with a headset
hookup that functions the same.  Or on their main machine that just runs
all the time.  All that's needed then is a mechanism to
leave a text message when the other person isn't at home (Torchat, maybe
Bitmessage, etc.).

It's reinventing old technology: the landline and the answering machine.
But users would avoid the new surveillance problems with metadata
leaking.  Whoever is planning the "Restore the Fourth Amendment"
project would certainly make use of such a system if it existed
and was usable.

-Jonathan