Just finished interacting with people from a number
of countries worried about Internet blackouts being
used by their governments to help prevent reporting
of unpleasant truths, such as vote-rigging.

I discussed with them what Telecomics did for Egypt
and other Arab countries and what Commotion and
mesh-networking may provide. They were enthusiastic
about these possibilities, but disappointed when
I explained that this was not anything that could
be put in place proactively for the moment.

This lead me to start thinking about the possibility
of deploying something like Fidonet as a tool for
getting around Internet blackouts. Has anyone tried
something like that?

Was wondering if anyone was aware of other approaches
for mitigating this type of DoS.

-Richard