Hi,

Some findings on this issue.

0) Setting compatibility mode to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" makes it
work!

1) I tried it on two machines, both don't have NVidia.(both have Intel HD
Graphics 4000)

2) sfc /verifyonly couldn't find any discrepancy.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
MH

2013/6/18 Mike Perry <mikepe...@torproject.org>

> Mike Perry:
> > Kody Leonard:
> > > I get the same error on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. It will run when
> Windows
> > > XP is selected under Compatibility mode.   I had the same issue with
> other
> > > languages.  This is logged in the event viewer when it doesn't run
> as-is:
> > >
> > > Faulting application name: firefox.exe, version: 17.0.6.0
> > > Faulting module name: d2d1.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16492
> > > Exception code: 0xc0000005
> > > Faulting application path: C:\XXXXXX\Tor
> > > Browser\FirefoxPortable\App\Firefox\firefox.exe
> > > Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d2d1.dll
> >
> > Do you happen to have an Nvidia video card by any chance?
> >
> > This crash seems to be happening on only a select number of x64 Win7
> > installs (and none of them are developer machines -- which are also x64
> > Win7), and I am trying to figure out what the common denominator is.
>
> Another option is to run cmd.exe as Administrator (right click) and run
> 'sfc /verifyonly' to check if any of your dlls (including d2d1.dll) are
> out of date/damaged/replaced by alternate vendor versions.
>

> --
> Mike Perry

Masayuki Hatta
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Surugadai
University, Japan

http://about.me/mhatta

mha...@gnu.org  / mha...@debian.org / mha...@opensource.jp /
hatta.masay...@surugadai.ac.jp