> Hi,
>
> What we're seeing in Der Spiegel, The Guardian, Washington Post and
> other select publications is the birth of new threat models - not just
> for activists but for all of civil society, parliamentarians, companies
> and more. This is a threat model that "many have known" and yet at the
> same time, there is clearly new stuff. For one - we're seeing
> confirmations of things that have been denied in public - we're also
> learning the names of things, which now made public, may be FOIA'ed by
> name as well as pushing for disclosures. This is where we'll see if
> America will shine - when the information comes out, will we be able to
> use our democratic process to turn this disaster around? I'd like to
> think so - that is why I worked on these pieces - hope is not lost.
> Though hope alone is not a strategy.
>
> I think this may be of interest to people on the list:
>
>   http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/index-7028.html
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/snowden-enthuellung-verbindung-zur-nsa-bringt-bnd-in-erklaerungsnot-a-909884.html
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/us-lauschangriff-opposition-macht-druck-auf-merkel-a-909871.html
>
> For non-German speakers I suggest the following English links:
>
>   http://www.spiegel.de/international/topic/whistle_blowers/
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/whistleblower-snowden-claims-german-intelligence-in-bed-with-nsa-a-909904.html
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/edward-snowden-accuses-germany-of-aiding-nsa-in-spying-efforts-a-909847.html
>
> http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/snowden-reveals-how-gchq-in-britain-soaks-up-mass-internet-data-a-909852.htmlv
>
> My interview with Snowden is available as a leaked pdf on cryptome in
> German:
>
>   http://cryptome.org/2013/07/snowden-spiegel-13-0707-en.htm
>   http://cryptome.org/2013/07/snowden-spiegel-13-0707.pdf
>   http://cryptome.org/2013/07/snowden-spiegel-13-0707-2.pdf
>
> The English original will be released this week.
>
> Last week's article is also very important:
>

> http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/secret-documents-nsa-targeted-germany-and-eu-buildings-a-908609.html
>
> This is also probably of great interest to people on the list:
>

> http://oglobo.globo.com/infograficos/volume-rastreamento-governo-americano/
>
> http://jaraparilla.blogspot.com/2013/07/nsa-surveillance-of-australia-exposed.html
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/world/snowden-reveals-australias-links-to-us-spy-web-20130708-2plyg.html
>
> Welcome to the Grim Meathook Future, Citizens! Lets turn this ship around!
>
> All the best,
> Jacob

Hello list,

Jacob, any insight on how the interview took place from a technical point
of view?

I suppose preventive measures were taken from all parties in order to
avoid leaking Snowden identity as it would have put an end to his grand
plan, even more as he was still in Hawaii at the time of the interview.
How did you/he managed the risk here specially as Snowden knew about the
full scope of the NSA monitoring program and you didn't.

The only info I have seen on this is Snowden allegedly created new set of
PGP keys[1], but it can't have been enough for him.

Also, a quote on the cryptome page[2] says "The following questions are
excerpted from a larger interview that covered numerous topics, many of
which are highly technical in nature". Is the full interview available
somewhere? If not why?

Just curious, thanks.

[1] http://cryptome.org/2013/07/snowden-poitras-appelbaum.htm
[2] http://cryptome.org/2013/07/snowden-spiegel-13-0707-en.htm