In addition there are a number we ( Inveneo, a non-profit based in San
Francisco ) have worked on here are just a few:

Northern Uganda - http://boscouganda.com/
Dadaab north eastern Kenya - http://www.inveneo.org/projects/dadaabconnect/
Chuuk, Micronesia -
http://www.inveneo.org/2013/05/connecting-schools-in-micronesia-using-long-distance-wifi/

Also many others come to mind like wireless Nepal (
http://www.nepalwireless.com.np/ ) and Airjaldi (
http://drupal.airjaldi.com/ )

Mark