One (perhaps pedantic) comment:

A zero-tolerance policy implies zero tolerance, but is contradicted in #7,
where you state that *persistent* violations will get you moderated.

Either you have a zero-tolerance policy, or you have a second-, third-, and
fourth-chance policy.  Which is it?

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Yosem Companys <compa...@stanford.edu>wrote:

> [...]
> from this type of behavior.  The new guidelines have been posted at
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech and are
> listed at the end of this message.
>
> To increase the likelihood that everyone will be aware of the list
> guidelines, we have also amended the footer to read as follows:
> "Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
> Persistent violations of list guidelines will get you moderated:
> Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at
> compa...@stanford.edu."  New subscribers already receive the list
> guidelines when they first subscribe to the list and in their monthly
> reminders.
>
> Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to direct them
> to me at compa...@stanford.edu.  If you'd like to discuss the list
> guidelines further, please do not do that here.  Instead, go to the
> liberationtech-policy list at
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech-policy and
> do so there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yosem, one of your moderators
>

> STANFORD LIBERATIONTECH GUIDELINES
>
> 1. Liberationtech is a public list, so anyone can join and read the
> archives, forward messages, or mirror the list without our knowledge. The
> list archives are searchable by search engines such as Google. As such, we
> urge you to use pseudonyms, fake email addresses, https, and anonymizer
> software, especially when discussing items of a sensitive nature. Two
> robust applications are:
>
> https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
>
> And,
>
> https://www.torproject.org/
>
> 2. We urge you to use the list to ask for (or offer) advice, discuss
> issues, and share information.
>
> 3. All replies go to the entire list, so please keep "me too" replies to a
> minimum.
>
> 4. We forbid the sending of attachments, as these can be used to spread
> viruses or spyware. Instead, copy and paste your attachment into the
> message body, or upload and make it a public doc and share the link. For
> more info, please see:
>
> https://tibetaction.net/detach-from-attachments/
>
> 5. To maintain civil discourse, we have a zero-tolerance policy for anyone
> who posts ad hominems, or otherwise inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic
> messages.
>
> 6. Please refrain from making hard product (or service) sells.
>
> 7. Persistent violations of guidelines 3 to 6 will get you moderated.
>
> 8. If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
> or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription
> page.
>
> --
> Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
> Persistent violations of list guidelines will get you moderated:

*Note: *I am slowly extricating myself from Gmail. Please change your
address books to: jilliancy...@riseup.net or jill...@eff.org.

US: +1-857-891-4244 | NL: +31-657086088
site:  jilliancyork.com <http://jilliancyork.com/>* | *
twitter: @jilliancyork* *

"We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the
seemingly impossible to become a reality" - *Vaclav Havel*