In an ideal world, decentralise of course. Unfortunately we dont live in an
ideal world. We live in a world of whatever is convenient at the time.

Most of those supporters that it was mass emailed to signed up once to add
their signature to a Save the "name your outrage here" movement. I bet a
majority don't even pay attention to those Avaaz emails now anyway. They
clicked their button, they accomplished their slacktivism and that was that.

Trying to get them to change their email service, I'd say thats harder than
trying to get some of the change they are trying to provoke in people.