>From a legal perspective, an interesting recent piece is Neil Richards' The
>Dangers of Surveillance:

http://www.harvardlawreview.org/issues/126/may13/Symposium_9477.php

On 13 Sep 2013, at 16:09, "Robert Guerra"
<rgue...@privaterra.org<mailto:rgue...@privaterra.org>> wrote:

A global context would be great.

I'll ask around on several country & region specific lists that i'm on and
share the details back on this list.

regards

Robert

--
R. Guerra
Phone/Cell: +1 202-905-2081
Twitter: twitter.com/netfreedom<http://twitter.com/netfreedom>
Email: rgue...@privaterra.org<mailto:rgue...@privaterra.org>

On 2013-09-13, at 12:16 AM, Yosem Companys wrote:

From:
Burcu Bakioglu <bbaki...@gmail.com<mailto:bbaki...@gmail.com>>

Hi all,
I am looking for suggestions on a student friendly reading on surveillance,
something that gives the overall picture, and any interesting readings on
the latest NSA incident. Having said that, I should note that I have some
materials in my hands, I just can't decide what would be engaging in a
classroom setting, hence my query... Any experiences on that regard?

Many thanks!

--
Thanks,

Burcu S. Bakioglu, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow in New Media
Lawrence University

http://www.palefirer.com<http://www.palefirer.com/>

-- Come to the dark side, we have cookies!
compa...@stanford.edu<mailto:compa...@stanford.edu>.

compa...@stanford.edu<mailto:compa...@stanford.edu>.