On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 09:50:12 AM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-collects-millions-of-e-mail-address-books-globally/2013/10/14/8e58b5be-34f9-11e3-80c6-7e6dd8d22d8f_story.html?wpisrc=al_national
>
> NSA collects millions of e-mail address books globally

I am very grateful to NSA. Really. I can't imagine what they could
have done better than this:

> During a single day last year, the NSA’s Special Source Operations
> branch collected 444,743 e-mail address books from Yahoo, 105,068
> from Hotmail, 82,857 from Facebook, 33,697 from Gmail and 22,881
> from unspecified other providers, according to an internal NSA
> PowerPoint presentation. Those figures, described as a typical daily
> intake in the document, correspond to a rate of more than
> 250 million a year.

to prove that "quick & dirty" solutions like the percloud is needed
NOW http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/personal-cloud-free-software

(to know more about the percloud, and why it **is** needed in spite of
FreedomBox etc...  pls check the slideshow at http://per-cloud.com and
my posts on the same topic at http://stop.zona-m.net/tag/percloud )

Marco