Looks great - will order it, and tweet about it.

Paul

Dr Paul Bernal
Lecturer
UEA Law School
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Norwich NR4 7TJ

email: paul.ber...@uea.ac.uk<mailto:paul.ber...@uea.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.paulbernal.co.uk/
Blog: http://paulbernal.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @paulbernalUK

On 28 Jan 2014, at 19:12, danah boyd
<danah-t...@danah.org<mailto:danah-t...@danah.org>> wrote:

Friends & Colleagues -

In less than a month, my new book - "It's Complicated: The Social Lives of
Networked Teens" (see: http://www.danah.org/itscomplicated/ ) - will be
published.  This is the product of ten years worth of research into how social
media has inflected American teen life.  I'm writing today in the hopes that
you might consider pre-ordering a copy (or two <grin>).  This book (published
by Yale University Press) is a cross trade/academic book. Pre-sales and first
week sales significantly affect how a trade book is marketed and distributed.
Even though this book is based on grounded data, I've written it to be publicly
accessible in the hopes that parents, educators, journalists, and policy makers
will read it and reconsider their attitude towards technology and teen
practices.  The book covers everything from addiction, bullying, and online
safety to privacy, inequality, and the digital natives debate. I suspect that
the chapter on privacy might be of particular interest to the folks on this
list.

If you have the financial wherewithal to buy a copy, I'd be super grateful.  If
you don't, I *totally* understand.  Either way, I'd be super super super
appreciative if you could help me get the word out about the book. I'm really
hoping that this book will alter the public dialogue about teen use of social
media.

You can pre-order it at:
- Amazon (Hardcover, Kindle, Audiobook):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0300166311/apophenia-20
- Powell's: http://www.powells.com/biblio/62-9780300166316-0
- Yale University Press:
http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=9780300166316

Fingers crossed that y'all will find it useful and interesting.

{{hug}}

danah

compa...@stanford.edu<mailto:compa...@stanford.edu>.