For what it is worth, I have an appreciation for the manner that Coursera
proceeded with this, being that they have been open about the process that
led to the restriction, that they are apparently reaching out to bloggers,
and since they seem to be pursuing a legal remedy. That is far better than
some companies, whose new product launches are followed by a need to check
if its even available in sanctioned countries or who still won't take
action even when their product was specifically named in a Treasury
Department document (I hate you Adobe). On top of that, their announcement
essentially instructs the public to use a VPN and to not give them reason
to know about location -- that's imperfect yes, but it was respectful.