I suspect this will be more lib and less tech, but looks interesting none
the less

---- sent from my phone, please excuse the brevity.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Hugh Starkey" <h.star...@ioe.ac.uk>
Date: 31 Jan 2014 15:19
Subject: Peter Tatchell How to Campaign Thursday 27 February 2014, 5.30pm
Clarke Hall IOE

Peter Tatchell shares his lessons from a life of campaigning for human
rights, starting with campaigns in support of Australia's Aboriginal people
in 1967; against the death penalty in Australia; against the Vietnam war;
and for gay liberation worldwide with the non-violent direct action group
OutRage! He has won many awards as Campaigner of the Year, a top Political
Influencer and Lifetime Achievement for Diversity. The Peter Tatchell
Foundation seeks to promote and protect human rights in the UK and
internationally.

This talk is part of a series on the case for teaching practical political
skills organised by Democracy Matters and IOE's International Centre for
Education & Democratic Citizenship (ICEDC).

For more information contact: Hugh Starkey h.star...@ioe.ac.uk

All welcome. Please register via our Eventbrite
page<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/peter-tatchell-on-how-to-campaign-tickets-9868278286?aff=eac2&sid=7856edba89bf11e38e8812313b01554c>

Hugh Starkey, PhD <http://www.ioe.ac.uk/study/ARHS_60.html>, Professor of
Education

Department of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment

Institute of Education, University of London,

20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7911 5507 (direct)

Co-director International Centre for Education for Democratic
Citizenship<http://www.ioe.ac.uk/research/152.html>

Chair of Fellows Centre for Distance Education<http://cdelondon.wordpress.com/>

Editor London Review of Education <http://www.ioe.ac.uk/about/796.html>