Nariman,

Shortly after Play was made available by Google, it was blocked by the
Filternet, perhaps due to the rush of circumvention tools enabling their
availability to Iranians (vendors had to manually enable Iran). The 403
HTTP code is thrown both by Google upon hitting a sanctions restricted
service and by the TCI's filters, so it has not been clear which block
people have encountered (the apks are downloaded from play.google.com,
which was subject to DNS poisoning). I believe what is happening is that
Google Play has been unfiltered by the Iranian Government, I do not think
this is Google or sanctions related. In which case, that's even better
news, although I'd guess they might filter individual apps (the requests
for the apks are sent in the clear).

Cordially,
Collin

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Nariman Gharib <nariman...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> from two hrs ago Iranian users inside Iran reports that, they're able to
> download/update apps from Play store apps on their phones without any
> sanctions & without using circumvention tools .
>
> I don't know this is a 'glitch' or Google completely Removed the sanction.
> In the past Google lift the sanction and said that developers should add
> Iran to their apps country list to access Iranian to download their apps,
> however sometimes Iranian got 403 error:
> https://twitter.com/ListenToUs/status/478892365625982976
>
> so now they can download/update anything directly from Play Store. I'm
> just waiting for more information. If you want to follow this story please
> off the list contact me.
>

> Thanks
> Nariman
> @Listentous
> --
> PGP: 084F 95C0 BD1B B15A 129C 90DB A539 6393 6999 CBB6
>
> --
> Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations
> of list guidelines will get you moderated:

*Collin David Anderson*
averysmallbird.com | @cda | Washington, D.C.