Sorry for breaking the thread, but i subscribed in digest mode, so i
didn't receive Nathan's answer.

> Can you describe where the endpoint for media upload will be? Meshed
> local networks for dissemination on the local site and use of Tor for
> getting the media out is great but what is not clear is where themedia
> ends up.

So far, it is just an idea, and the funding is to make the feasibility
study, then apply for a second round and do a prototype. So i don't have
details to give, just thoughts and i'm happy to get feedbacks.

My idea indeed is to upload the contents on a hidden service, possibly
one that can be generated on the fly by a centralized website, or, by a
single user. So the workflow would be that a user goes on riseapp.org
(using Tor, or not), creates a new hidden service related to the
geographical location where the event is taking place (that is
phisically somewhere else), and the media created by mobile phones in
that area end up in that hidden service. From there they can get
mirrored anywhere. Else, users create the hidden service and configure
mobiles to use it (this configuration could go along with the media in
the ad-hoc network).

thanks for the vote!
Leonardo.

--