Tanya,

You ask a good question… likely many will answer on the list.

Let me provide a list of a few resources that could be of interest.

Herdict is a user-driven platform for identifying web blockages as they happen
www.herdict.org/

Open Observatory of Network Interference (OONI)
A free software, global observation network for detecting censorship, surveillance and traffic manipulation on the internet
https://ooni.torproject.org/

The OpenNet Initiative - a collaborative project that concluded in 2014 that was a pioneer in documenting internet censorship and internet controls.
https://opennet.net/

The Access series represents three edited volumes published by the OpenNet Initiative and MIT Press that document nearly a decade of extensive technical and in-field research on the trends and patterns shaping information controls around the world.
http://access.opennet.net/

I’ll let others share other resources and tools…

regards

Robert
--
Robert Guerra