Hi Patricia,

For texting, I'd highly recommend TextSecure or Signal, which both encrypt your text messages while being transmitted *and* secure texts in an encrypted container. However, it requires internet access on the phone to work. If you are working in low-signal areas, then encrypted messaging will fail. =( It's also only encrypted if the recipient is also using TextSecure/Signal.

For email, connecting to a collective that operates an email service is your best bet. My email is operated by Autistici, and many swear by RiseUp. If you want secure addresses for your group quickly, then Electric Embers is good as well (though you have to pay for their service and set up your own domain).

Can't really help on the international cellphone providers though, sadly. The answer probably starts with "safe from what?"

best,
Griffin

Patricia Ortiz K. wrote:
Hi all,

You'd think someone in this mailing list would know the answer
already, but I was wondering what safe email and texting communication
 platforms are you recommending these days?

Its for internal and international communications for a group in
Venezuela. The one and only internet company and landline- phone
company is state owned.  Everything goes through them.
There are a couple of independent international cellphone providers
but not necessarily trust worthy.

Greatly appreciated,

Ask me about Community Schools and how you can support!

Patricia Ortiz Keme
phone: 650 995 3512
email: portizk...@gmail.com

--
“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”
― Salvador Dalí