Hi Lina,

While the content isn't encrypted for most of their apps, I would recommend Sandstorm as a good hosted option for forums and other collaborative apps. It's free for up to 5 apps (called "grains") and up to 200MB storage. For more, it's $9 a month: https://sandstorm.io/

For encrypted communication, Ricochet.im is pretty great and doesn't require a lot of work to set up. It has sane defaults (requires Tor to run).

best,
Griffin

Lina Srivastava wrote:
Hello all,

A new support group for survivors of campus sexual assault is looking
for a secure online communications platform. The group is not one of
my clients, nor am I a member of or advisor to the group -- I am
passing this request along as a favor -- so I have relatively little
information about membership numbers, etc. I do believe everyone who
is in the group is located in the U.S. or Canada. And they are looking
for high security levels, giving survivors the ability to seek support
from other members and to collectively organize for changes to policy
and legislation on rape and assault. They are hoping to have
password-protected login, private messaging, group forums, file share,
all encrypted.

Do any of you have advice for an existing platform that would provide
this that is relatively affordable?

Thanks in advance,
Lina

--
Accept what you cannot change, and change what you cannot accept.
PGP: 0x03cf4a0ab3c79a63