Looks like an interesting project and approach.  In addition to this kind of
thing, we need some ways to get people from very
different areas and walks of life to get to know each other and to learn from
each other.  In a lot of cases, people just don't
understand each other or the complexity of their lives or decisions.  In other
cases, people blame their problems and situation on
others, often waiting for someone to rescue them.  In a lot of groups and
areas, people could learn to do valuable things, start
their own businesses, or otherwise band together to help each other and
themselves.  Creativity, knowledge, management / coaching /
mentoring, and funding and investment could all come from areas and people that
are better off on all of those.

I grew up in a tiny town in Ohio.  I'm certain that I could move to any of many
small communities in the US and immediately start a
wide range of successful businesses employing a lot of people with a little
investment.  I currently am trying to make a bigger
impact than that, but there are many people who could do that kind of thing.

When all of those factory workers were laid off over the years, instead of
letting employment run out while they waited for a
similar job to magically appear, they should have been doing whatever it took
to get their friends together to do some other work.
I'm not aware that this happened significantly, and I'm not aware of any group
that took serious steps to foster it.  Who is ranking
things we need more manufacturing for?  Who is ranking need vs. training
investment and content needed to create new employment in
administrative, technical, and other areas?  Is there a blueprint for a call
center or daycare or vocational college like training
that people could step into quickly?  Even if narrowly trained, allowing that
cognitive and arbitive potential to languish is a
great waste.  And leads to political gaps.

sdw

--
Stephen D. Williams s...@lig.net stephendwilli...@gmail.com LinkedIn:
http://sdw.st/in